The following information is provided as a pre-qualification sheet and to provide assistance in downloading the appropriate forms for enrollment should you decide to join the Thomas Norris Battalion.
Naval Sea Cadet Qualifications for Enrollment
- Must be a U. S. Citizen
- 13 years old and not yet have reached their 18th birthday (Sea Cadets)
- 11 to 13 years old (Navy League Cadets. Waivers may be available to highly motivated and mature candidates that are 10 years old.)
- Must complete a medical examination by a school or personal physician
- Must be enrolled in school/home schooled and have/maintain a satisfactory scholastic standing
- Must have a good moral character and be free of felony conviction
- Must be single and remain single to be enrolled
- Click here to review the Medical Fitness Policies (opens a page in a new window)
Nondiscrimination. It is the policy of the Naval Sea Cadet Corp (NSCC) that no applicant meeting NSCC’s minimum age requirement will be denied membership in NSCC on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, or disability.
There Enrollment Fee for the first year is $200.00.
Here is a breakdown:
- Annual NHQ Enrollment Fee $60.00 (includes I.D. card, National Admin, and liability insurance)
- Uniform Rental Fee $120.00
- Unit Enrollment Fee $20.00
- Please submit the total fee of $200 with the applications below. Payment options may be available. (we now accept )
Be interviewed by the Commanding Officer.
Sign Application in presence of a NSCC Officer.
Sign any hold harmless and release of liability waiver as required by the unit.
Pay $200 for the first year, and $160 for subsequent years to cover membership and drill activity fees.
NOTE: Advanced training is not mandatory for any cadet. These training have additional costs.
NLCC Trainings: These are typically one week long and cost $120. NLCC cadets are not required to attend any advanced trainings.
NSCC Trainings: These are typically two weeks long and cost $240. NSCC cadets must attend advanced trainings to advance in rank. Two trainings per year are required to maximize advancement.
Cadet Application and Agreement (Please read carefully and sign all appropriate spaces)
Report of Medical History. Please list all allergies and medications. If using the latest school physical, a copy of it is allowed, but this form must be signed by a physician. If you want detailed information about our non-discrimination and our Medical Policies, you can go to: Click here to review the Medical Fitness Policies (opens a page in a new window)